Monday, February 7, 2011

Changing my name

It occurs to me that "Kansas City Dilettante" does not exactly convey the impression that I want to convey. I originally chose "Dilettante" to reflect the fact that I was interested in a great many things (despite the fact that most of the blog content, lately, has been about radio in one form or another, I am interested in a great many things). But "dilettante" also conveys someone who only toys with things briefly, then moves on. I'm not that person.

I have often said that when I grew up, I wanted to be Benjamin Franklin. I've always admired Franklin's wide range of skills and knowledge. And a word for someone with a wide range of skills and knowledge, like Franklin, is "polymath", and that's something I aspire to be. So, effective as soon as I can figure out how to make Blogger do it, I'm changing the blog's name to "Kansas City Polymath".

No comments: