Thursday, February 21, 2008

We made "This is True"!

Well, in point of fact, it was not Kansas City per se. Instead, it was Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' son, John, and his now-infamous game, "Don't Drop The Soap".

I quote:


THAT'S MY BOY! A web site selling a prison-themed board game called "Don't Drop the Soap" showed the company's street address as 1 SW Cedar Crest Rd, Topeka, Kansas -- the governor's mansion. Gov. Kathleen Sebelius confirms the game's creator is her 23-year-old son, who made the game as a class project at the Rhode Island School of Design. The governor and her husband, a federal magistrate, "are very proud of their son John's creativity and talent," the governor's spokeswoman says, adding the web site will change its contact address once John moves out. (AP) ...They're not the only parents who can hardly wait until their kid moves out.


Quoted portion ©2008 This is True, reprinted with permission.

Some may call this a dubious honour at best, but I'll have none of that. My sincerest and most heartfelt congratulations go out to Gov. Sebelius, her son, and everybody on the Kansas side of State Line Road. Bravo.

Incidentally, if the fine folks at Gillius, publishers of the game, would care to send me an evaluation copy of the game, I know several people who would be happy to help me to review it. The results of said review would, of course, be published here.

Finally, a brief (and, let me emphasize, unsolicited) word about This is True. I became subscribed to TRUE through means which escape me to this very day - one day I saw it in my inbox, with a destination address whose user portion (i.e. the bit before the '@') I didn't recognize, but whose host portion was 'clownswilleatyou.com' (a domain of mine). For some reason, rather than deleting it outright, I decided to read it and was immediately hooked. I unsubscribed from the unrecognized address and resubscribed from a good address, and have been a faithful reader ever since. However, I am still too cheap to upgrade to the Premimum Edition. :)

Thanks a lot, Randy (Randy Cassingham, publisher/editor of TRUE) for allowing me to use one of your stories, and for all the amusement you've provided me over the years.

No comments: